Gender Diversity / Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Consulting
I offer consulting support to nonprofit, higher education, and businesses seeking to deepen their goals and practices around diversity, equity, and inclusion. This work is about more than just meeting a requirement; it’s about helping you intentionally bring your organizational practices into alignment with your stated values and ethos. I offer in-depth assessment, education, action planning, and policy review, as well as specific one-off workshops. I bring particular expertise in gender and sexual diversity, as well as broader DEI issues.
What I Offer
A custom designed process to support your organization in assessment, education, action planning, and ongoing support developing policies and practices that offer appropriate support and (where applicable) legal compliance for gender diversity in the workplace. Available online and in person, depending on current covid restrictions.
A typical process includes the following components:
- Assessment: (questionnaire and 2-4 dialogue sessions) Key leaders and stakeholders complete an organizational assessment questionnaire to audit workplace commitments, policies, practices, and lived experiences relating to gender diversity in the workplace. After collating questionnaires results, I meet with your key leaders and stakeholders for one or more dialogue sessions to discuss findings and create a fuller picture of organizational strengths and areas for development. Using the findings from the assessment and dialogue sessions, I create an assessment report to share with organizational leadership and stakeholders.
- Education: (1-3 workshops) based on the assessment findings, I develop and offer one or more workshops designed to support your organizational leaders and stakeholders in developing foundational vocabulary and concepts, exploration of intersectional approaches to gender diversity, discussion of practical scenarios, and identified steps for further action.
- Action Planning: (1-2 planning sessions) I facilitate a collaborative action planning process where your key leaders and stakeholders identify specific, measurable action steps to continue to increase organizational capacity for supporting gender diversity in the workplace. I collate the various action plans in a summative report, and include my own recommendations to support your work going forward.
- Policy Review (consultant time to be determined) Based on the work we’ve done together, I review, analyze, and offer feedback on your current organizational policies to better align with the goals you’ve set out in your Action Plan.
- Ongoing consultative support: (monthly or bimonthly consultations) As your organization moves into implementation of their action plans, I offer regularly scheduled “checkups” to see how your implementation is going, to strategize together, and to support your ongoing work.